This meatloaf recipe is so amazingly good it will make you wanna smack you momma, ask for more and then take a meatloaf sandwich to work the next day.
It really is that good. No foolin’. Serve this to your family and friends and you will make meatloaf history. It’s tender, never dry and very flavorful. I have even converted “meatloaf haters” with this meatloaf. I recommend using Old London Seasoned Bread Crumbs for the best result, it’s what I use and will reduce your need to add other spices. This meatloaf recipe is soooo easy it is perfect for beginners and soooo good and easy that you’ll keep it in your recipe collection for life.
- 1½ pounds of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (I use Old London Seasoned Bread Crumbs. Italian bread crumbs will change the intended flavor of this recipe)
- ½ c of ketchup (I prefer Heinz®) plus ¼ cup ketchup reserved
- 2 or 3 shots of worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried parsley (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand.
- Pat meat mixture into a 5 x 9 or similar loaf pan. Top with reserved ketchup.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Meatloaf should have browned edges and slightly pulled away from sides of the pan.
- Drain away excessive oil that has rendered from the meat out of the pan before serving.
Prepare meat mixture as indicated above. Place half of the meat mixture into the loaf pan. Using your index finger press a “tunnel” into the meat mixture. Fill tunnel with ketchup right from the bottle. Add remaining meat mixture and top with reserved ketchup. Bake as indicated above.
Serve with mashed potatoes, peas and glazed carrots. My favorite method, put a bit of meatloaf on the end of your fork, pick up a dollop of taters and then dip into your peas to allow a few to stick. De-lish! Meatloaf an American classic!