This is personal journey. Yours and mine. If you want to feel better about your life being a mess, you can read about mine.
DAY ONE – FIGURE OUT WHERE TO START
Every night I go to bed determined and every morning I wake up overwhelmed. By lunch time I’ve given up and gone back to bed to take a nap. In order to break this cycle I need to figure out “where to start”. Today, I’m going to sit down and list (brain dump) the top 10 things that are weighing on me and need attention. Then, I’m going to go through that list and pick 3 things that I can start AND finish tomorrow. (I’m the worse at starting something and never finishing it.) I will continue this until the list is complete, then I’m going to “brain dump” 10 more items onto my list. You can do the same. Your brain dump can be less than 10 items, but not more. More than 10 items and you are sure to get overwhelmed. Small, focused bites are what we are going to take out of our problems, bit by bit.
HERE IS MY BRAIN DUMP (in no particular order or importance)
- Invoicing (I need get caught up on billing my clients
- Clean my office
- Tour the Middle School where #1 Son will attend next year. (I had to pull him out of the very best private school today, as my financial situation prevents me from keeping him enrolled there)
- Make a list of all my debt and figure out a plan to get back on my feet.
- Laundry / Kitchen
- Get a tri-board for #2 Son for his end-of-year project
- Find 1 inexpensive summer program for each child that lasts one week and get them enrolled
- Pay water bill
- Pay electric bill
- Get haircuts for both boys
HERE ARE MY THREE ITEMS TO TACKLE ON DAY TWO
Set Appointment to tour middle schoolSAME DAY UPDATE: Just got a response and my appointment is set for 2:00 pm tomorrow! I feel better already about getting something crossed off my list!
- Laundry / Kitchen
Let’s see how it goes. If you have any suggestions or tips on how I can better organize my life and get back on my feet please let me know. What has worked for you?