My favorite pesto recipe – its the reason I grow my own basil every year. It’s clean eating at its best. Simple pure and fresh. Pesto isn’t hard to make and once you’ve made your own, you’ll never buy store bought pesto again. Even better – you can freeze it in an ice cube tray so that you have “fresh” pesto even in winter!
- 1½ cups spinach leaves
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Put all the ingredients into your food processor (I use a mini food chopper) and pulse until everything is finely chopped/ground and has come together in a beautiful green sauce. Taste.
- Add additional Parmesan, basil or garlic to taste.
- Store any left-over pesto in the fridge.
Pesto Recipe Uses Put pesto on pasta, bread, crackers, baked potatoes, grilled chicken, veggies or even goat cheese. Pesto tastes great hot or cold and on just about anything! Let's face it, food is about flavor, and a little pesto packs a lot of punch!
How do you use pesto to pack a punch in your Clean Eating meals?
Pesto Recipe Photo by diekatrin