5 Things You Should Never Do With Vinegar
Is there such a thing as Vinegar Danger? Vinegar (white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or salad vinegar) is typically 4-18% acetic acid. Though typically very safe for most applications or uses there are several things you should never do with vinegar.
- NEVER mix vinegar with ammonia or bleach. Ever.
Combining any of these three WILL produce toxic gasses.
- NEVER use vinegar around glue that you want to “stay stuck”. Vinegar will dissolve most glues.
- NEVER leave vinegar on metal surfaces or use it on marble as this may cause pitting.
- NEVER use vinegar on your teeth (it dissolves calcium).
- NEVER use vinegar on waxed surfaces. It will strip the wax (unless that is what you are trying to do).